The Founder of Cawarden in 1986. William has radiated through every level of the industry to become a highly regarded expert in the fields of demolition, site remediation, waste, recycling and environmental issues.
As Managing Director for Cawarden Co Ltd since 2001, William fosters a positive team spirit where employees enjoy work and are encouraged to achieve their professional potential.
As President of the NFDC, William takes an active role in championing the expertise and professionalism within the industry.
William takes time to inspire others and is always willing to impart his knowledge, experiences and expertise. William’s enthusiasm for the job never waivers and he maintains a progressive outlook on life and exuberance for the Construction and Demolition Industry.
Industry positions and commitments include:
- President of the National Federation of Demolition Contractors UK 2021 – 2023
- Vice President of the National Federation of Demolition Contractors UK 2019 – 2020
- Midlands and Wales National Federation of Demolition Contractors
- National Council Rep 2017 – 2019
- Vice-Chairman 2014 – 2017
- Vice-Chairman 2012 – 2014
- National Council Rep 2008 – 2009
- Chairman 2006 – 2008
- Vice-Chairman 2004 – 2006
- Board Member of the National Demolition Training Group
- Member of the Institute of Demolition Engineers
- UK Construction Week Role Model 2019
- President of the Derbyshire County Show
- President of the Derbyshire Agricultural and Horticultural Society
- Member of The Farmers Club
- Sponsor and Supporter of Derby County Football Club
Why do you love working in the Demolition & Construction Industry?
Every day I learn something new from someone new. And the greatest thing of all is working with a team I can trust. Demolition is a way of life – it’s not just a job.