We value everyone who works for us
Our success is owed to the expertise, dedication, and hard work of our team. Our employees embody the values and ethos of our company, and they take pride in representing us.
As a responsible employer, we are committed to:
- Creating a welcoming and safe working environment for all
- Prioritising the employment of local people for local jobs
- Safeguarding and enhancing health and wellbeing
- Being a caring workplace where people enjoy coming to work because of our culture and family values shared
- Maintaining equal opportunities
- Investing in training and development.
- Attracting people with new skills and retaining the best.
- Nurturing future leaders through mentoring and extended training development.
- Inspiring the next generation through work experience, internships or apprenticeship opportunities.
- Offering a workplace where everyone is respected, treated fairly, encouraged and supported
- Fostering a team spirit and creating an environment for innovative thinking, knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Providing engaging and timely internal communications and employee socials
Our Exceptional People
Here are a few of our team members who play a crucial role in delivering our services and projects.
After completing my education, Cawarden offered me an opportunity to work in the Accounts Department. In my role, I am responsible for maintaining all accounts and payroll records. This role has helped me to grow as an individual and a professional. Cawarden’s togetherness has made me feel welcomed and valued, especially as an international worker. I really enjoy working at Cawarden – a true family business with a friendly and supportive culture.
I have worked for Cawarden on and off since I was 16 and have gained over 20 years’ experience in demolition. In 2012 I was given the opportunity to become Site Manager and I took it. And in 2015 I was Project Manager on the former Derby Royal Infirmary demolition job. Cawarden gave me the chance in life to fulfil my potential and in return, I give 110% every day. I build trust with clients and aim to exceed their expectations. I feel part of the furniture now!
Office Team Leader
I genuinely love my job which is hugely varied and interesting as we work with many different customers on a wide variety and size of projects. A real family business with supportive team culture and atmosphere that is the best I have worked in.
I’ve worked as a burner for nearly 50 years. Every job is different and poses a unique set of challenges. I get great satisfaction from working with the team to demolish derelict or old buildings. It’s hugely rewarding to play a small part in regeneration projects and later seeing places transformed to the benefit of the community. I love working at Cawarden and enjoy getting to see different parts of the country.
Senior Site Manager
I’ve worked in the demolition sector for over 20 years. I started as a labourer and worked my way up through the ranks. Over the years I have seen the industry change, evolve and adapt – all for the better. I love my job and I’m committed to Cawarden, our clients, and the industry as a whole to deliver best in class projects.
High Reach Operative
I began my career in civils and groundworks and later moved into demolition. I’ve worked at Cawarden for nearly 20 years and enjoy operating the high reach to demolish all types of buildings and structures. There’s a great team spirit at Cawarden and a shared sense of achievement when we complete a job to the satisfaction of the client.
Hire & Purchasing Manager
I manage all of Cawarden’s purchase and hire requirements. From site welfare, signage and tools to personal protective equipment, I make sure our sites have everything they need to operate safely and efficiently. I also manage our fleet of vehicles and coordinate all servicing and MOT requirements. I enjoy working at Cawarden. There’s a great team spirit here and we help each other by sharing knowledge and new ideas.