With over 35 years’ experience, Cawarden is one of the UK’s leading demolition specialists.
Whether it’s a high-rise concrete building, a steel-framed industrial unit, school, or a dangerous structure, we have the expertise, vast practical experience and extensive resources to demolish any type of structure, no matter its size or complexity. Every project is meticulously planned, every detail is covered and costs are kept in check to deliver the best outcome.
- Enabling Works
Early engagement with Cawarden provides certainty to even the most challenging projects. Our Enabling Services include all of the up-front work which needs to be completed to prepare a site ready for demolition.
- Demolition Engineering
We’re demolition engineers – Specialists in conventional ‘floor-by-floor’ or ‘top-down’, high reach, remote-controlled, hydro and hand demolition. We apply the safest demolition methodologies and techniques using the latest plant and equipment to carry out all types of demolition, deconstruction and dismantling. Whether we’re working in a city centre with significant space constraints, residential areas, industrial or infrastructure sites – we manage all of the key processes and procedures required to manage a project, safely and efficiently within the constraints that each of these unique environments present.
- Recycling & Waste Management
Reclaiming, recycling, reusing and disposing of waste from our demolition projects is all part of the service. We aim to divert at least 95% of waste from landfill. We can also provide a complete in-situ recycling solution to minimise environmental impact and recycle demolition arisings back into future developments. Learn more here.
Our capability continues to grow to meet the needs of our clients. So, for clients who require more than ‘just’ demolition expertise, we can efficiently synchronise our services to also offer Land Remediation & Earthworks, Civils & Construction, Asset Recovery and Recycling & Environmental Solutions – all as part of our ‘destruction to construction’ service.
- Conventional, high-reach, remote-controlled or hydro demolition
- 24/7 Emergency Response
- Industrial, chemical and manufacturing plants
- Airport infrastructure
- Quarry plants
- Dangerous structures
- Tower blocks
- City centre commercial buildings
- Partial demolition of listed properties and façade retention
- Public sector buildings such as hospitals and schools
- ..and more
The benefit to clients?
Value-engineered solutions, programme efficiencies and value for money. And – clients only need to deal with one trusted delivery contractor.
- Soft strip
- Plant dismantling and asset recovery
- Demolition, deconstruction & dismantling
- Alteration works
- Façade retention
- Site clearance
- Temporary works
- Party wall separation
- Underground tank removal
- Raising slabs, foundations and hardstandings
- Waste management, reclamation and recycling
- Concrete crushing
- Noise, dust and vibration suppression and monitoring
- …and more
- Principal Contractor or Specialist Sub-contractor role
- Site preparation including welfare
- Signage, hoarding and security
- Enabling works
- Traffic management
- Structural appraisals, surveys and trial holes
- Decontamination including asbestos and other hazardous waste removal
- Service disconnections
- Obtaining relevant consents, approvals and permissions
- Remedial works
- Environmental monitoring
- Feasibility studies
- …and more